Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Vegan Outreach

Someone who took pity on all my whining about trying to be vegan, sent me this link to the Vegan Outreach website.

Maybe it'll help.

Maybe it's like religion - you have to go to a service at least once a week - to perambulate and pray at the alters of strength and compassion.

I need all the help I can get.

Tofu and a whole lot of soy products, I have realized, really do not agree with me. And their arguments with my digestive system can be quite unpleasant and bloat-y feeling.

Beans? Well you know about them. Same story basically.

That leaves nuts and legumes for the sought-after PROTEIN. Ah, but I am told protein is actually amino acids, and that you can get various ones from other things - especially vegetables - and they will combine and reate protein.

And do we need as much protein as we are told? Or is that meat marketing hegemony?

Stay tuned......


............................

No comments: